Capel Primary School follows the KCC Admissions procedures.
Applications for children due to start primary and junior school in September 2019 opens in November 2018 and closes January 2019.
Parents considering applying to the school are encouraged to make an appointment with the Head teacher who will be pleased to show them around the school. This usually takes place when the children are three or four years old.
The school will also be holding an open day event on the 1st November 2018. You can call the school now on 01892 833919 to book a tour. The timings for the tours will be 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm and 2pm.
Children are admitted to the school at the beginning of the Autumn term. When offering places the following points are considered:
- CLA – Children Looked After
- Family links
- Nearness and access from home
- Medical and health reasons
Parents are encouraged to put their child's name down early, but the school cannot guarantee places. New entrants will attend school as from September. Children who are above the statutory age may be admitted at any time during the year provided there is a place in the appropriate year group.
The Induction Programme for Early Years
At Capel we are committed to a partnership approach with parents and work together for the benefit of the child. To suport families in the tranistion to Capel primary school we:
- Arrange an Induction Meeting for parents is held in the term prior to the child’s term of entry.
- Enable the Reception teacher visits Capel Pre-School and nurseries in order to meet the new entrants.
- We invite new entrants in small groups to spend a taster session in the Reception Class, at the end of the term prior to entry.
- Hold an induction picnic in the Summer before starting for families to meet key staff and pupil 'buddies'.
- Parental discussion times are arranged in order to discuss children’s needs prior to their coming into school.
- A buddy will be provided for every student to support them in settling into school routine.
- Home visits are arranged to discuss children’s needs prior to their coming into school.